Search in the blog

2leep.com

Movie mania - Extended edition


A biography of artist Frida Kahlo, who channeled the pain of a crippling injury and her tempestuous marriage into her work. 

Superb. Salma Hayek is perfect for the role, the vibrant colors make you wanna take the first plane to Mexico and the soundtrack is really beautiful.
After "Across the Universe", Julie Taymor continues to impress me.
This is one of my favourite scenes:


The story of Michael Oher, a homeless and traumatized boy who became an All American football player and first round NFL draft pick with the help of a caring woman and her family.

The same boring and snivelling american dream.
I love Sandra Bullock but the Academy members must be drunk to give her an Oscar for this movie.

 A hard-living Hollywood actor re-examines his life after his 11-year-old daughter surprises him with a visit.

"The Virgin suicides", "Lost in translation" and "Marie Antoniette" are three of my favourite movies ever, so you can conclude that I definitely LOVE Sofia Coppola.
Well, since this movie won the Golden Lion in Venice this year, I must be blind 'cause I found it totally uninspired. Where is the Sofia that I love?! I desperately seeking her.

China in the 1920's. After her father's death, nineteen year old Songlian is forced to marry Chen Zuoqian, the lord of a powerful family. Fifty year old Chen has already three wives, each of them living in separate houses within the great castle. The competition between the wives is tough, as their master's attention carries power, status and privilege. Each night Chen must decide with which wife to spend the night and a red lantern is lit in front of the house of his choice. And each wife schemes and plots to make sure it's hers. However, things get out of hand...  

Enchanting. There are no other words to express how I loved this movie. The plot is very captivating, the photography is immaculate and Gong Li is a damn good actress.

A romantic police captain breaks a beautiful member of a rebel group out of prison to help her rejoin her fellows, but things are not what they seem
 
I decided to watch it after have seen "Raise the red lanterns" and I can't regret it. In some parts there are too much fighting scenes for my taste, but the romantic ones provide to create a perfect balance.
I found this fan video on YT...I think it's beautiful and it sums very well Jin and Xiao Mei's love story

A misogynistic and snobbish phonetics professor agrees to a wager that he can take a flower girl and make her presentable in high society.
I'm sorry to say it, but I hate this movie. Maybe I'm limited.
Costumes are amazing and Audrey Hepburn is lovely, but I found it long and boring. I didn'y enjoy the story at all.

The extraordinary life story of Ray Charles. A man who fought harder and went farther than anyone thought possible.

A very nice and enjoyable biopic. Jamie Fox well deserved the Oscar for his performance.

0 commenti:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...